How are you managing your migration?
With the impending end of support for Windows 7, the urgency to migrate to a supported platform is gaining increasing urgency. As a result PowerON has designed a webinar series to explore the key considerations when migrating to Windows 10 effectively and the ongoing management of Windows as a Service. The webinar series will discuss and demonstrate relevant processes and techniques to ensure your Windows 10 migration is as smooth as possible.
Sign up to the sessions that are prevalent to you or sign up for the whole series.
Delivered by PowerON’s Managing Director, Phil Mercer, our second session introduces a structured framework to help understand your app estate, through to rationalisation, deployment and application readiness. The webinar will explore the below points
- What are the overarching steps?
- What are the principals for managing applications?
- What tools and techniques are available to support this process?
- What steps are involved with the initial discovery, 1st, 2nd round and the tools available to do that?
- How to bring a closed loop as Windows as a Service.
What is your Windows 10 configuration and how can you simplify your environment reducing tools and improving the benefits of deploying into your estate? Extending the value with items such as Azure AD, Always on VPN given the native integrations with the new Cloud enabled OS.
The webinar will discuss the below points:
- Introductions to the latest in Windows 10 – always on VPN – what can you do?
- The financial benefits of Windows 10 and what should you be thinking about.
- Benefits of defining Windows 10 image standard such as Bitlocker, Defender and functional new capabilities and practical capabilities when building your image.
When migrating to Windows 10 how are you going to manage the updates and Windows as a Service?
This webinar will explore:
- Vendor Consolidation considerations.
- Windows 10 management moving forwards.
- The operational changes to your business when migrating to Windows 10.
A more detailed agenda will be provided over the next couple of weeks.
The final session of the series looks at additional technologies that enhance your Windows as a Service. The session is designed to educate on the tools available and when certain tools should be utilised.
The session will look at:
- What’s the latest in Configuration Manager
- What is the latest in Intune?
- What’s the latest in Autopilot?
The first webinar of the series explores the start of your journey, application readiness with Windows Analytics and Microsoft’s free Modern Desktop Assessment.
The webinar will discuss the below areas:
- What is Upgrade Readiness and why should I care?
- What is Microsoft’s Modern Desktop Assessment?
- How can you deploy Upgrade Readiness
- Demo of Upgrade Readiness Portal and how to read its data
- Summary and next steps