Are you on the lookout for a new role? Experience in IT and tech?
We’re looking for a service support engineer to join our service operations team!
What’s the role about?
In this role, you’ll be part of a dynamic, forward-thinking Service Operations team, providing support to PowerON Platforms and its customers by analysing requirements, resolving support requests, providing knowledge and advice, and supporting the internal PowerON Platforms staff on delivery. You’ll have exposure to a wide range of different technologies across the Microsoft Azure space, hybrid platforms, modern workplace, automation, and more.
What does a Service Support Engineer do?
In this role, you would be responsible for:
- Providing Tier 1 / 2 support with a good understanding of PowerON’s Service Stack within SLA times.
- Following standard Service Desk practice and procedures(ITIL)
- Understanding and following support and procedural documentation
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting desktop, IT infrastructure, and basic networking issues.
- Supporting PowerON customers with technical advice and appropriate action.
- Recording all Service Desk interactions and time utilisation.
- Maintaining inventory of all equipment, software and software license
- Managing PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Installing, testing and configuring new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software
We are a flexible and evolving organisation, meaning that a job description can never be exhaustive – whilst we will not make unreasonable requests, we expect and appreciate that all employees will take on appropriate work as necessary to support team and business achievements, and to develop their skills.
PowerON Service Stack
Our fundamental technologies are Windows 10, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, and Microsoft Intune. For this role, you will need to be able to develop a strong knowledge of all three. Specific areas of knowledge for each technology are detailed below.
- Strong understanding of deployment and updating Windows 10, such as:
- Planning and Implementing Windows 10 installations
- Using Autopilot (desirable)
- Upgrading devices to Windows 10
- Managing updates
- Manage device authentication (Azure AD, AD)
- Understanding of managing policies and profiles, such as:
- Co-management precedences
- AD Group Policies and MDM policies
- Implementing & managing conditional access policies
- Implementing folder redirection, including OneDrive
- Understanding how to protect devices via:
- Microsoft Windows Defender (Application, Credential, ATP, Antivirus)
- Monitoring device health (e.g. log analytics, Desktop Analytics or other cloud-based tools
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Deploying Software Applications and Software Updates:
- Creating and deploying applications to a high standard using different deployment methods including script, Software Center and task sequencing.
- Managing and monitoring of updates via Automatic Deployment Rules (ADR) and Software Update Groups to ensure compliance.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting deployment packages, and other deployment methods.
- Reporting on the success or failure of Application deployments.
- Deploying Operating System Images:
- Creating and maintaining deployment task sequences (windows images, drivers, etc)
- Build / Capture / Update Windows 10 images
- Troubleshooting and debugging task sequences
- Creation and troubleshooting of Device management tools:
- User/Device Collections including complex queries and maintenance settings
- Compliance baselines and configuration items
- Client device settings
- Co-Management and Azure settings
- Maintenance and support, such as:
- Implementing and supporting site system roles (ideally with experience of CMG deployments)
- Distribution Points and groups
- Understanding RBAC administration and security scoping
- Working with PKI HTTPS certificates
- Monitoring of site health
- Managing upgrades
- Creation and deployment/assignment of applications
- Device management
- Service administration
- Conditional Access
- Software Update management
- Mobile application management
As well as the fundamentals, any understanding of these technologies would be advantageous:
- General Scripting (Batch, VBS, C++)
- App-V, MSIX
- Azure Automation
- Azure Logic Apps / Power Automate
- Azure IaaS
- Power BI
In addition to your technical knowledge, to succeed in this role, you will need:
- To be passionate about technology and willing to learn
- A drive to take every opportunity to develop your skills, through day to day work and formal training
- Ability to work under pressure
- Quality-oriented, deadline and result-driven
- Logicalthinking to day-to-day work and interactions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience in a customer-facing IT service desk environment
All employees are responsible for:
- Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business
- Abiding by PowerON Platforms Policies and Procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook
- Understanding and fulfilling their responsibilities in relation to Information Security.
- Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please email your cover letter and CV to HR@poweronplatforms.com
Please note that PowerON are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants should directly engage via our HR as applicants represented by a recruitment agency may not be considered.