Are you on the lookout for a new challenge?
Do you have experience working in tech or IT new business roles? We’re looking for a Senior Account Manager to join our new business team!
Our Sales Team
Our sales function works as a tightly-knit team, bringing together marketing activity, technical solution scoping, business development and account management to bring our range of services and products to our customers as effectively as we can to a wide range of customer profiles.
What’s the role about?
As a Senior Account Manager (New Business), you would carry a personal target, and drive new business, cold-calling and following up leads to build customer relationships, develop and qualify opportunities, and close business in partnership with the sales team. This position is well suited to individuals with drive and determination, looking to develop already excellent communication & people skills. It will also suit you if you enjoy using all tools available to you (including social, marketing, and leads passed from elsewhere within the business) to create and follow targeted prospecting plans, based on a good understanding of the type of customers you are trying to sell to.
What does a Senior Account Manager (New Business) do?
In this role, you will:
- Achieve your own target through focused prospecting, identifying and driving opportunities, and working with internal marketing and pre-sales resources as necessary to close sales.
- Build your own account patch from new customer acquisition and won opportunities.
- Create target lists, campaigns, social activities, and tailored industry content to drive a more focused outreach.
- Drive your personal target achievement and activity against agreed KPIs.
- Use prospect profiling and call planning to ensure that call volumes and call quality levels are achieved.
- Qualify and drive your opportunities to forecast and close business effectively.
- Own and validate your pipeline, ensuring that opportunities are created and updated within CRM.
- As you develop your account base, drive proactive account management and partner engagement to create new customer opportunities and leads from existing relationships.
- Update CRM with all customer details and activities, updating sales opportunities to support sales forecasting.
- Process sales orders and complete handover of engagements to the finance and delivery teams within PowerON
- Work closely with Marketing to drive campaigns and event engagement / follow-up.
- Keep regular contact with converted customers to support a strong customer experience and help ensure the customer is aware of PowerON’s capabilities.
We are a flexible and evolving organisation, meaning that a job description can never be exhaustive – whilst we will not make unreasonable requests, we expect and appreciate that all employees will take on appropriate work as necessary to support team and business achievements, and to develop their skills.
What skills and knowledge do you need?
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrable previous success in a technology-focused new business role – this may be managed services, professional services or other complex IT offerings.
- Resilience and determination, with the ability to persist with new business development.
- Drive, ambition, and the ability to sell the commercial value of an offering, as well as its technical capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to drive activity in accordance with a sales methodology to achieve KPIs and hit your target.
- Relationship building and customer management skills.
- Strong ability to learn and communicate product and service knowledge.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A willingness and ability to maintain and develop your knowledge as technology and our offerings develop.
All employees are responsible for:
- Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business
- Abiding by PowerON Platforms Policies and Procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook
- Understanding and fulfilling their responsibilities in relation to Information Security.
- Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please email your cover letter and CV to HR@poweronplatforms.com
Please note that PowerON are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants should directly engage via our HR as applicants represented by a recruitment agency may not be considered.