We’re looking for someone to join our team as Practice Lead, helping us drive our Modern Workplace solutions and implementations.
This is a broad role acting as a hands-on Practice Lead, defining and delivering consulting services across the Modern Workplace specialism. Consulting tasks will range from discovery and solution alignment workshops, design planning and creation through to deployment utilising PowerON deployment and product solutions. The Practice Lead will work in partnership with the pre-sales team to own the technical definition of service offerings within their specialism, and will drive the identification of future services opportunities as technology and the market develops.
What does a Practice Lead do?
For 50% of your time you would:
- Lead on strategic customer workshops, analysing the customer’s current maturity and toolsets and assessing their requirements to allow the production of short, medium and long term strategy to deliver business change and value.
- Lead design workshops to capture infrastructure and business environment details and align the solution to best practice design patterns that meet the customers’ requirements.
- Document in detail, the recommended design, capturing all core and secondary infrastructure requirements.
- Deploy the Microsoft solutions within your speciality work streams with the PowerON deployment solutions where appropriate or with a high level of technical competency where not.
- Expand on the deployment utilising your technical knowledge to meet customer unique scenarios or where the PowerON deployment solutions don’t currently have that functionality.
- Provide structured knowledge transfer, based on real world experience, around the actual usage of the Microsoft solutions within the consultant’s speciality work streams.
- Act as an escalation point for the PowerON support service desk.
For the other 50% of your time you would:
- Work with the sales and solutions teams to refine service offerings, and develop new offerings to predict and take advantage of new opportunities in the market.
- Maintain a strategic plan for your workstream to ensure that the team is resourced and skilled up to deliver planned service offerings.
- Define frameworks and methodologies for service delivery, to allow offerings to be commercially sound and easily repeatable.
- Ensure that service propositions and templates for pre-sales documentation are accurate, up-to-date, and easy to finalise for customers.
- Act as a technical lead and first point of escalation for consultants within your practice.
- Attend and speak at relevant industry events to develop and maintain your expert reputation with partners and customers.
- Contribute to the development of strong partner relationships.
We are a flexible and evolving organisation, meaning that a job description can never be exhaustive – whilst we will not make unreasonable requests, we expect and appreciate that all employees will take on appropriate work as necessary to support team and business achievements, and to develop their skills.
What skills and knowledge do you need?
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A consultative approach and strong presentation skills
- Expert knowledge of Windows 10 Enterprise Deployment and Management within an enterprise environment.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Modern Workplace, with recent deployment experience of Endpoint Configuration Manager and Intune at enterprise level.
- Proven success in an IT services environment.
- Strong relationship building and business acumen skills, with experience of presenting at C-level.
- Demonstrable technical skills, with an understanding of the delivery and timescales of services offerings.
- Motivated and self driven.
- A team mentality, using the resources around you effectively whilst taking overall responsibility for developing and closing opportunities.
- The ability to understand and articulate the business benefits of our product/service offerings, to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- A willingness and ability to maintain and develop your knowledge as technology and our product/service offerings develop.
Everyone is responsible for:
- Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business.
- Abiding by PowerON Platforms Policies and Procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook.
- Understanding and fulfilling their responsibilities in relation to Information Security and Quality.
- Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk.
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please email your cover letter and CV to HR@poweronplatforms.com.
Please note that PowerON are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants should directly engage via our HR as applicants represented by a recruitment agency may not be considered.