What's the role about?
And in more detail?
Our sales function works as a tightly-knit team, bringing together marketing activity, technical solution scoping, business development and account management to bring our range of services and products to our customers as effectively as we can. As a Solutions Consultant in this team, you would act as the technical lead, owning the technical scope of the customer relationship and opportunity throughout the sales process, to ensure that opportunities are maximised and closed effectively. You would also engage partners and internal resources as necessary.
What does a solutions consultant do?
In this role, you would be responsible for:
- Understanding and fulfilling your responsibilities at each stage of the sales process.
- Supporting the qualification and development of opportunities by working alongside the relevant sales pod and delivering technical briefings to the customer as needed.
- Leading the solution scoping by providing technical scope and validation of the solution, based on your understanding of the customer’s needs and expectations.
- Working with the sales pod to support the development of the business case.
- Working with Delivery Consultants to ensure solutions and services are technically scoped correctly with accurate delivery timeframes.
- Engaging technical stakeholders to ensure proposals meet customer needs.
- Ensuring technical requirements and scope are identified, documented and updated to enable opportunities to be closed as forecasted.
- Developing relationships with customers and partners.
- Owning and driving technology solutions and maintaining hands-on knowledge of technologies.
- Generating customer and partner interest in our propositions through campaign planning (with Marketing), creating technical content and developing relevant collateral such as presentations, demonstrations and webinars.
Key Skills & Subject Matter Expertise
To succeed in this role, you will need:
· Proven success in an IT services environment.
· Strong relationship building skills and business acumen, with experience of presenting at C-level.
· Demonstrable technical skills, with an understanding of the delivery and timescales of services offerings.
· Motivated and self-driven.
· A team mentality, using the resources around you effectively whilst taking overall responsibility for developing and closing opportunities.
· The ability to understand and articulate the business benefits of our product/service offerings, to both a technical and non-technical audience.
· Strong knowledge across EUC and Microsoft Modern Management technology areas, including Windows 10 Enterprise Deployment and Management, and/or Microsoft 365, or a convincing plan for how you would develop this knowledge if you were appointed. Datacenter and cloud management solutions expertise would also be beneficial, but is not essential.
· A willingness and ability to maintain and develop your knowledge as technology and our product/service offerings develop.
Key Skills and subject matter expertise
All employees are responsible for:
- Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business
- Abiding by PowerONPlatforms Policies and Procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook
- Understanding and fulfilling their responsibilities in relation to Information Security.
- Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk
All employees are responsible for:
· Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business
· Abiding by PowerONPlatforms Policies and Procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook
· Understanding and fulfilling their responsibilities in relation to Information Security.
· Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk
13 August 2018
Sales & Marketing
£65,000 – £75,000 Plus car allowance
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please email your cover letter and CV to HR@poweronplatforms.com
Please note that PowerON are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants should directly engage via our HR as applicants represented by a recruitment agency may not be considered.