Overview the Role
And in more detail?
This role will provide consulting across a defined range of Microsoft solutions for the Modern Workplace specialism. Consulting tasks will range from discovery workshops, design planning and creation through to deployment utilising PowerON deployment and product solutions. The role has a strong focus on knowledge transfer to enable an operational readiness state for the customers.
What does a Delivery Consultant do?
- Lead design workshops to capture infrastructure and business environment details and align the solution to best practice design patterns that meet the customers’ requirements.
- Document, to a low level, the recommended design, capturing all core and secondary infrastructure requirements.
- Deploy the Microsoft solutions within your speciality work streams with the PowerON deployment solutions where appropriate or with a high level of technical competency where not.
- Expand on the deployment utilising your technical knowledge to meet customer unique scenarios or where the PowerON deployment solutions don’t currently have that functionality.
- Perform basic customisations to the solutions within your speciality work streams, with a view where possible to feed these back into the product development teams if they add value.
- Perform more advanced customisations where planned and scoped as possible in advance, with a view where possible to feed these back into the product development teams if they add value.
- Provide structured knowledge transfer, based on real world experience, around the actual usage of the Microsoft solutions within the Modern Workplace work streams.
- Troubleshoot customer issues.
- Act as an escalation point for the PowerON support service desk.
- Provide input into the ongoing development and enhancement of PowerON solutions via the Product Development Team.
What Skills and Knowledge do you need?
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A consultative approach and strong presentation skills
- Experience of delivering Windows 10 Deployment and Management engagements within an enterprise environment.
- Strong and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Modern Workplace, with recent deployment experience of System Center Configuration Manager at enterprise level.
- Strong relationship building skills and a business focus, with the ability to understand and express business priorities as well as technical requirements.
- A proven understanding of the delivery requirements and timescales of services offerings.
- A willingness and ability to maintain and develop your knowledge as technology and our product/services offerings develop.
All employees are responsible for:
- Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business
- Abiding by PowerONPlatforms Policies and Procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook
- Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk
- Timely engagement/project status reporting into the project management system
16th January 2019
Technical Solutions Director
£45,000 – £60,000 Based on Experience + Car Allowance
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please email your cover letter and CV to HR@poweronplatforms.com
Please note that PowerON are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants should directly engage via our HR as applicants represented by a recruitment agency may not be considered.