We’re looking for a Solutions Consultant to join our growing pre-sales team here at PowerON.
Our sales function works as a tightly-knit team, bringing together marketing activity, technical solution scoping, business development and account management to bring our range of services and products to our customers as effectively as we can. The Pre-Sales function acts as a bridge between Sales and the Delivery team.
As a Solutions Consultant in this team, you would act as a technical lead, owning the technical scope of the customer relationship and opportunity throughout the sales process, to ensure that opportunities are maximised and closed effectively. You would also engage partners and internal resources as necessary.
What does the role involve?
- Understanding and fulfilling your responsibilities at each stage of the sales process.
- Supporting the qualification and development of opportunities by working alongside the relevant sales team and delivering technical briefings to the customer as needed.
- Planning and delivering business-focused and technical-led workshops, using your commercial acumen and understanding of business drivers to help customers clarify their objectives and plans.
- Leading the solution scoping by providing technical scope and validation of the solution, based on your understanding of the customer’s needs and expectations.
- Working with the sales team to support the development of proposals, including commercials and accurate assessment of effort.
- Working with Delivery Consultants to ensure solutions and services are technically scoped correctly with accurate delivery timeframes.
- Engaging technical stakeholders to ensure proposals meet customer needs.
- Ensuring technical requirements and scope are identified, documented and updated to enable opportunities to be closed as forecasted.
- Developing relationships with customers and partners.
- Owning and driving technology solutions and maintaining hands-on knowledge of technologies.
- Generating customer and partner interest in our propositions through campaign planning (with Marketing), creating technical content and developing relevant collateral such as presentations, demonstrations and webinars.
We’re a flexible and evolving organisation, meaning that a job description can never be exhaustive – whilst we will not make unreasonable requests, we expect and appreciate that all employees will take on appropriate work as necessary to support team and business achievements, and to develop their skills.
Key Skills and Subject Matter Expertise
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Proven success in an IT services environment, with a background including pre-sales and hands-on technical architecture.
- Strong knowledge across EUC and Microsoft Modern Management technology areas, including Windows 10 Enterprise Deployment and Management, and the EM&S
- Demonstrable technical skills in scoping, design and delivery, with an understanding of the delivery and timescales of services offerings.
- Strong relationship building skills and business acumen, with experience of influencing at C-level.
- Motivated and self-driven.
- Excellent written communication, with the ability to produce insightful, accurate and compelling documentation which influences customer decision-making.
- A team mentality, using the resources around you effectively whilst taking overall responsibility for developing and closing opportunities.
- The ability to understand and articulate business drivers and value, and to make recommendations which work in the client context, to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- A willingness and ability to maintain and develop your knowledge as technology and our product/service offerings develop.
- Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business
- Abiding by PowerON Platforms Policies and Procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook
- Understanding and fulfilling their responsibilities in relation to Information Security.
- Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please email your cover letter and CV to HR@poweronplatforms.com
Please note that PowerON are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants should directly engage via our HR as applicants represented by a recruitment agency may not be considered.