We’re looking for an engagement manager to join our service delivery team!
The Engagement Manager is a key member of the PowerONPlatforms team in supporting strong and robust service delivery to customers. This role will be responsible for working within the Service Delivery team acting to manage customer engagements once sales has secured the deal. The role will involve planning and communicating with customers as well as internal stakeholders.
Managing the full engagement lifecycle and providing engagement outputs as specified by the level of Engagement Management applied to each engagement, you will ensure that outcomes are delivered within scope and to the customer’s satisfaction, working with stakeholders to manage risks and demonstrating a flexible approach to the management of issues.
The role includes working with teams across the business; sales, delivery and business operations to ensure the full lifecycle of the delivered service is seamless and well communicated both internally and to customers. Our Engagement Managers work to processes aligned with PRINCE2 methodologies and our Professional Service Management System in Microsoft Dynamics 365 to ensure smooth running of a number of assigned engagements.
Keeping a focus on quality and the bigger picture, they are outcome orientated and aim for each engagement to deliver the anticipated business value for the customer.
What does a Engagement Manager do?
In this role, you would be responsible for:
- Delivering strong commercial management of engagement budgets and scope, including:
- Creation and management of plans to ensure that outcomes are delivered within the available commercial coverage
- Managing the plan to avoid short notice changes
- Understanding the scope to manage conversations about additions and changes and the impacts on commercials and plans
- Updating and communicating project status to all stakeholders.
- Effectively managing and communicating risks with solution–based proposals for mitigations.
- Working with stakeholders, with a flexible proactive approach to the resolution of issues.
- Reviewing scopes of work and building out robust baselined delivery plans, working alongside workstream leads.
- Track and manage change requests
- Providing high quality assurance checks on all technical and delivery related outputs.
- Working to agreed processes and procedures to manage resource allocation to assigned engagements.
- Work with our associate network to price and secure extended resource where required to meet engagement service levels
- Maintaining internal project management system, providing standard and ad hoc reporting to Team Lead.
- Ensure internal stakeholders are kept up to date about the status of assigned engagements.
- Management of accurate invoice forecasting
- Maintaining accurate time recording and budget management on the Professional Services Management System
- Work to communicate and action, ideas, new solutions and changes to improve company processes with a positive and constructive approach
- Actively engaging with and contributing to continuous improvement process.
- Confidently conducting “lessons learned” sessions with customers.
- Creating and providing customer-facing PIDS and closure reports.
We are a flexible and evolving organisation, meaning that a job description can never be exhaustive – whilst we will not make unreasonable requests, we expect and appreciate that all employees will take on appropriate work as necessary to support team and business achievements, and to develop their skills.
What skills and knowledge do you need?
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Strong situational awareness, applied effectively to your allocated engagements.
- Excellent time management capabilities, demonstrating a high level of both personal and project organisation.
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management capabilities.
- Ability to understand engagement and task goals and set expectations accordingly.
- High levels of consistency and accuracy in all documentation outputs and all written communications.
- A ‘Can Do’ attitude in your communication, to develop good customer relationships as well as assisting in the identification of leads and upsell opportunities.
- The ability to work autonomously, escalating internally where appropriate with solution-based proposals.
It would also be desirable to have:
- Foundational understanding of change management
- Understanding of Agile methodology
- Qualification in Prince 2 or other project management methodologies.
- Experience of managing multiple workstreams, either same project multiple customers or multiple project same customer.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365
At PowerON, we are passionate about technology and learning – we love exploring new technology developments, and working out how they can help us, and our customers, get the most out of system investments to drive business improvement.
If you thrive in this kind of environment, and are eager to expand your knowledge, you will fit well at PowerON.
All employees are responsible for:
- Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business
- Abiding by PowerON Platforms policies and procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook
- Understanding and fulfilling their responsibilities in relation to Information Security.
- Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please email your cover letter and CV to HR@poweronplatforms.com
Please note that PowerON are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants should directly engage via our HR as applicants represented by a recruitment agency may not be considered.