Are you looking for an interesting and varied new role? Passionate about IT and technology?
We’re looking for a delivery consultant to join our solutions team!
This role will provide consulting across a defined range of Microsoft solutions for the Identity and Access Management specialism. Consulting tasks will range from discovery workshops, design planning and creation through to deployment utilising PowerON deployment solutions and methodologies. The role has a strong focus on knowledge transfer to enable an operational readiness state for the customers.
What does a Delivery Consultant do?
- Lead design workshops to capture infrastructure and business environment details and align the solution to best practice design patterns that meet the customers’ requirements.
- Document, to a low level, the recommended design, capturing all core and secondary infrastructure requirements.
- Deploy the Microsoft solutions within your speciality work streams with the PowerON deployment solutions where appropriate or with a high level of technical competency where not.
- Expand on the deployment utilising your technical knowledge to meet customer unique scenarios or where the PowerON deployment solutions don’t currently have that functionality.
- Perform basic customisations to the solutions within your speciality work streams, with a view where possible to feed these back into standard processes where they add value.
- Perform more advanced customisations where planned and scoped as possible in advance, with a view where possible to feed these back into standard processes where they add value.
- Provide structured knowledge transfer, based on real world experience, around the actual usage of the Microsoft solutions within the Identity and Access Management work streams.
- Troubleshoot customer issues.
- Act as an escalation point for the PowerON support service desk.
- Provide input into the ongoing development and enhancement of PowerON solutions.
What skills and knowledge do you need?
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A consultative approach and strong presentation skills
- Experience of delivering security, identity or access management consultancy engagements within an enterprise environment.
- Strong and detailed knowledge of Azure Infrastructure, with recent experience of PowerShell scripting.
- Strong relationship building skills and a business focus, with the ability to understand and express business priorities as well as technical requirements.
- A proven understanding of the delivery requirements and timescales of services offerings.
- A willingness and ability to maintain and develop your knowledge as technology and our product/services offerings develop – this is particularly important in this stream as it is a swiftly developing area.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Familiarity with PowerShell;
- Confidence in articulating Azure Infrastructure concepts, with hands-on experience of key areas such as VM creation and management;
- Practical networking knowledge;
- Experience with both cloud and traditional security concepts, and related tools.
In addition, you will need to demonstrate one or more of the following desirable skills, and a commitment to learning a selection of those you do not currently have:
- Azure Identity
- Always On VPN
- Logic Apps
- Windows Virtual Desktop
- Microsoft 365 Security, including Microsoft Defender Suite and MCAS.
At PowerON, we are passionate about technology and learning – we love exploring new technology developments, and working out how they can help us, and our customers, get the most out of system investments to drive business improvement.
If you thrive in this kind of environment, and are eager to expand your technical knowledge, you will fit well at PowerON.
All employees are responsible for:
- Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business
- Abiding by PowerON Platforms policies and procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook
- Understanding and fulfilling their responsibilities in relation to Information Security.
- Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please email your cover letter and CV to HR@poweronplatforms.com
Please note that PowerON are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants should directly engage via our HR as applicants represented by a recruitment agency may not be considered.