Are you on the lookout for a new challenge?
Do you have experience working in tech or IT new business roles? We’re looking for a Business Development Executive to join our Sales team!
Our Sales Team
Our sales function works as a tightly-knit team, bringing together marketing activity, technical solution scoping, business development and account management to bring our range of services and products to our customers as effectively as we can to a wide range of customer profiles.
What’s the role about?
Working within the Sales team, and working closely with Pre-Sales and Marketing, a Business Development Executive is focused on selling into a growth vertical, with a small account base and significant opportunity for development. This role focuses on the generation of new business by winning net new customers within the assigned vertical, and developing strong account management relationships within the customer base. The Business Development Executive is responsible for the vertical’s GM performance, and for increasing the size and maturity of their account base.
What does a Business Development Executive do?
In this role, you would be responsible for:
- Understanding and fulfilling your responsibilities at each stage of the sales process.
- Proactive, habitual and sustained new business activity via the range of tools available (calls, social media, internal and marketing leads) to attract and retain net new customers.
- Building strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders within your customer organisations, so that you are trusted to engage on levels up to the C-suite.
- Holding regular account reviews with your managed accounts to identify opportunities to introduce managed or other services.
- Working with Marketing to create compelling content which connects with the decision-makers in your vertical.
- Articulating our offerings to customers at a high level, with a particular focus on business drivers and value.
- Qualifying and managing your opportunities to create an accurate and validated pipeline, including closure plans for key opportunities.
- Understanding the procurement controls and processes for each opportunity, and using these effectively.
- Driving opportunities from Prospect to Win, engaging pre-sales and other resources as needed.
We are a flexible and evolving organisation, meaning that a job description can never be exhaustive – whilst we will not make unreasonable requests, we expect and appreciate that all employees will take on appropriate work as necessary to support team and business achievements, and to develop their skills.
What skills and knowledge do you need?
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Proven sales success in an IT services environment.
- A working understanding of core M365 technologies, and an active focus on keeping your knowledge up to date.
- Core sales skills, including qualification, questioning, stakeholder management, and deal closure planning.
- Effective pipeline management, giving confidence in your forecast for current month, whilst building pipeline visibility for 3 months+.
- Credibility at IT management level (and ideally beyond), with the ability to articulate business drivers and how they translate to our offerings.
- An understanding of available sales tools, including social selling via LinkedIn and other platforms.
- Drive and determination, working with the team and resources available to you to hit your target.
All employees are responsible for:
- Performing any duties which might reasonably be required by the business.
- Abiding by PowerON Platforms Policies and Procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook.
- Understanding and fulfilling their responsibilities in relation to Information Security.
- Reporting all incidents and concerns, no matter how small the potential risk.
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please email your cover letter and CV to HR@poweronplatforms.com
Please note that PowerON are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants should directly engage via our HR as applicants represented by a recruitment agency may not be considered.